Medical Billing Resume
(White Plains, NY, USA)
Objective: Seeking a challenging position that will utilize my previous experience and assist in efficient productive company.
Proficient in Medical Billing, Collections, and Coding. Harding working, motivated, energetic, dedicated, and strong ability to multitask
Medical software knowledge IDX, ADS, and Medisoft programs, Excel / PowerPoint / Microsoft Word.
Burke Rehab Hospital, White Plains, NY. Medicare collector, May 2012 to Present.
• Performed patient payment processing and collection activities in a timely fashion.
• Coordinated with patients, insurance companies and third-party payers in filing payments and claims.
• Validated claim information for accuracy and complenteness.
• Research correct ICD-9 codes for correct billing.
• Heavy data entry, and Input charges and codes for processing.
• Reviewed patient accounts and identify dues and delinquent accounts.
• Monitored and follow-up on payment denials and delays. Indentified and accurately resolved billing errors.
Orlando Orthopedic Center, Orlando, FL, Financial counselor, 08/07 to 02/09.
• Processed all billing to patients and third party insurances
• Follow up on submitted claims, appeals on HMO denials
• Corrected any procedures, and or diagnosis codes when needed
• Processed patient statements, key data, posted transactions
Ashikari Breast Care Center, Dobbs Ferry, NY, Medical Biller, 03/05 to 08/07.
• Billed claims using IDX, ADS, and Mastermind
• Posted and reconciled payments to patients account
• Coded surgery and office procedures for in patient and hospital stays
• Monitor all unpaid claims, rejected claims, and resubmitted as needed
• Prepared referrals and authorizations for all HMO plans
Greenwich Woods Nursing Home, Greenwich, CT, Evening Dietary Aide.
• Maintained neat, tidy and sanitary areas for food preparation
• Developed department procedures to ensure sanity techniques
• Obtained patients dietary history
• Prepared and served trays to patients room with correct food order
• Uncommon passion for the elderly, and excellent hand-eye contact
• Customer service for important for caring patients
Diploma, Westchester Community College, Yonkers, New York (May 1999).