by Henry Chapa
(Houston, Texas, USA)
Sales and Marketing Professional Resume
OBJECTIVE: Results-focused specializing in delivering world-class customer service, driving business growth, negotiating with clientele in high-pressure situations, and managing large-volume accounts eager to offer 12+ years of public- and private-sector experience toward maximizing a progressive employer’s bottom-line.
Top-performer who excels at identifying lucrative sales opportunities, defining strategies for capturing new business, developing an existing customer base, and attaining solid leveraging in competitive markets.
Excellent communicator who can demonstrate superior prospecting and presentation abilities. Integral leader who can contribute sharp negotiation skills instrumental in proactively coordinating, consulting, and closing deals with potential clientele.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Sales / Marketing Training / Development Logistics / Inventory Control Shipping Coordination
Operations Management Quality Team Building Materials Purchasing Account Management
Strategic Analysis / Planning Workflow Prioritization Process Improvement Client / Customer Relations
Logistics / Purchasing Manager
GEMSTAR STONEWORKS, INC., HOUSTON, TX 2006 – 2011
• Apply dynamic leadership talents toward directing 15 top-performing warehouse and fabrication employees in facilitating comprehensive daily operations to include planning and delegating assignments to optimize use of resources and meet key objectives.
• Expertly prepare bills-of-lading, commercial invoices, and packing lists, as well as proficiently coordinate shipments of crates; expedite all incoming overseas containers; and organize delivery / offload of materials at multiple locations (i.e. job sites, warehouse).
• Contribute sharp analytical abilities toward cost-effectively purchasing all natural stone / setting materials and required job equipment.
• Ensure the proper documentation of vehicle / trailer maintenance through consistently accurate recordkeeping practices.
Inside Sales / Purchasing
SILICONE SPECIALTIES, INC., HOUSTON, TX 2003 – 2006
• Met and / or exceeded set sales goals by directing daily retail store operations to include coordinating all product deliveries to Houston-based customers and building valuable relationships with clientele to achieve high-quality buyer services and boost retention rates.
• Employed solid communication techniques to promptly respond to diverse client concerns and resolve key challenges.
• Maximized bottom-line results by managing purchasing and special customer orders efforts while maintaining all warehouse stock.
Logistics / Inventory Manager
AMERICAN STONE COMPANY OF TEXAS, LP, HOUSTON, TX 2000 – 2003
• Strategically steered all logistics / inventory control operations by effectively evaluating and adjusting stock levels and job-related stone, setting materials, and tools, as well as investigating discrepancies as necessary to guarantee seamless business processes at all times.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills toward coordinating and expediting all overseas container deliveries, along with arranging shipments of fabricated materials via truck to all job sites and monitoring subsequent fuel expenses and vehicle maintenance activities.
Logistics Support Manager
U.S. NAVY—STRIKE FIGHTER WING, NAS LEMOORE, CA 1997 – 2000
• Managed 3 budget accounts for the procurement of Automated Information Systems Equipment, General Supplies, and Aircraft Parts to include expediting, monitoring, and troubleshooting problems with critical F / A-18 aircraft requirements for 18 aircraft squadrons.
• Utilized broad scope of technical knowledge to perform inspections on F / A-18 squadrons, along with providing all training and support for materials / financial management, hazardous materials control, controlled equipage / aircraft inventory, and records maintenance.
Logistics Support Manager
U.S. NAVY—USS CONSTELLATION CV-64, SAN DIEGO, CA 1994 – 1997
• Managed, coordinated and supervised 9 personnel in all 12 hazardous materials storerooms in the control receipt, stowage, processing and expenditure of hazardous material. Monitored and supervised the collection and inventory of over 400 line items of reusable hazardous material from various work centers, resulting in a savings of more than 40,000 dollars of precious operating target funds.
• Skillfully managed and supervised 4 military and 2 civilian workers in the receipt, movement, and offload of material for the ship workups and deployment.
• Anticipated logistical requirements and ensured proper cargo routing throughout cruise.
• Successfully coordinated the transfer of over 2,600 personnel and the movement of over 1,000,000 pounds of cargo and mail in the extremely challenging Arabian Gulf environment.
Aviation Supply Support Specialist
U.S. Navy – Chief of Naval Air Training, NAS Corpus Christi, TX 1991 - 1994
• Monitored high priority requisitions for six Naval Air Stations ensuring the highest degree of supply support to both organizational and intermediate maintenance activities resulting in a 40% reduction in off-station NMCS requisitions and achieved record high aircraft mission capable rates.
• Coordinated weapons system supply support between NATRACOM’s five Training Air Wings, Aviation Supply Office, Defense Logistics Agency and the NAVAIR APML.
• As result of NADEP Pensacola closure, repair was interrupted on certain critical T-2C components significantly impacting aircraft readiness. Tenaciously investigated and developed a short term solution through the removal of CPU-66 AIMS computers and fuel quantity indicators from AMARC T-2C aircraft and had them inducted in local instrument repair facility.
• Successfully negotiated solutions with USAF Air Education and Training Command on several joint flight clothing support issues.
MILITARY TIME SERVED HONORABLY
January 1981 – January 2001
AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS
- Navy Commendation Medal (1)
- Navy Achievement Medal (3)
- Navy Unit Commendation Medal (1)
- Meritorious Unit Commendation Medal (3)
- Good Conduct Service Medal (5)
- National Defense Service Medal (1)
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (1)
- Southwest Asia Service Medal (1)
- Kuwait Liberation Medal (1)
- Expert Rifleman Medal (1)
- Expert Pistol Shot Medal (1)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SUMMARY
- Colorado Technical University - B.S., Business Administration with concentration in Project Management
(Scheduled to graduate in September 2011)
- Basic Accounting
- Business in the Global Environment
- Project Planning
Key Industry Certifications - Department of the Navy
- Customer Service
- Total Quality Management
- Acquisition Procedures
- Transportation Management
- Hazardous Materials Transport & Storage
*** References & Further Military Experiences Available Upon Request ***
Interested Employers should contact Mr Chapa via the COMMENTS hyperlink below this page.
Comments for Sales and Marketing Professional Resume
Click here to add your own comments
Unauthorized copying without the expressed permission of the site owner is prohibited.