Training and Development Specialist Resume
(Dallas, TX, USA)
Objective: Motivated Master-degreed (educational curriculum and design) Training and Development (T&D) Specialist, seeking a professional position as a T&D Manager/Facilitator within a Corporate or Governmental human resource department entity.
Hands-on experience working with Diverse populations, Adult (group and individual) Learners via e-Learning, specialized course design, and Team Train-the-Trainer facilitation.
Trainer, TENNESSEE BOARD OF REGENTS, 2008–2010.
- Facilitated statewide Tennessee Career Information Delivery System (TCIDS) and Pathways online and in-person training sessions for counselors, teachers, students and parents.
- Developed and implemented training materials for use during interactive training sessions.
- Provided technical assistance and support for the use of the TCIDS and Pathways websites via telecommunication.
- Collaborated with the Coordinator of Training; scheduled speaking engagements and coordinated travel commitments to minimize conflicts and optimize the team’s productivity.
- Trained new support staff and managed the day-to-day work of three employees in the team office.
Adjunct Faculty, Mathematics Instructor, NASHVILLE STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (2008).
- Promoted student learning by delivering educational courses in Developmental Mathematics and Pre-Algebra.
- Developed course syllabi and integrated appropriate technology and teaching techniques to ensure student success.
- Maintained accurate student records and conducted regular tutoring sessions for students to promote retention.
Contract Educational Consultant, PEARSON EDUCATION, INC. (2008).
- Facilitated professional development workshops for elementary mathematics educators using state standards to make explicit mathematical connections in current and future teaching strategies for students.
Algebra Coach, RUTHERFORD COUNTY SCHOOLS, Oakland High School, Academic Year 2007-2008.
- Provided follow-up instruction to reinforce and supplement basic mathematics education.
- Planned a variety of learning experiences using technology, media and other methods/activities to motivate students toward success.
- Monitored and evaluated student progress, and reported to parents as needed and required.
Jr. High School Mathematics Teacher, The J.F. Kennedy School, Nashville, TN, Academic Scchool Years 2005-2007.
- Employed auditory, visual and kinesthetic teaching strategies to increase students’ mathematical skills.
- Organized and prepared curriculum to accommodate students’ learning styles, meet statewide standards.
- Integrated cutting-edge technology into teaching strategies and classroom activities.
- Utilized consistency, awareness and respect to manage classroom climate.
- Collaborated with other teachers in areas of discipline and student achievement.
- Monitored student progress and provided before and after-school academic support.
- Participated in staff development and training sessions to ensure knowledge and utilization of various learning approaches along with reinforcement and assessment techniques.
Master of Education (M.Ed.), Curriculum and Instruction, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN (USA).
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN.
ORGANIZATIONAL VOLUNTEERISM AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- The Nashville Rescue Mission
- Mentor for Top Ladies of Distinction and Top Teens of America.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Desktop Publishing (Mac OS)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Interested CEO/CFO/CIO and HR Directors, may contact this Candidate via the hyperlink below this page.