by A Transitioning Military-to-Civilian HR Professional
(Fort Lee, VA, USA)
Chronological Military to Civilian Human Resources Assistant Resume
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Extensive background in HR generalist affairs, including over seven years experience as a Human Resources Technician for the United States Army.
Demonstrated success in developing team building programs, and writing personnel manuals, corporate policies, job descriptions and management reports.
2008-Present,Kenner Army Health Clinic, Fort Lee, VA, Human Resources Assistant
- Serves as a Military Personnel Technician and principle point of contact in performing and reviewing a wide variety of military personnel actions.
- Serves as an administrative coordinator and provides administrative management support for USA MEDDAC Officers of KAHC.
- Assists the Chief and other specialists in the review of HR policies requiring implementation.
- Serves as an expert in the area of military personnel actions and provides authoritative advice, guidance and decisions on the following programs: officer accession programs (WO/OCS/USMAPS), Medical Operation Data System (MODS), Officer Evaluation Reports (OERs),Officer Record Briefs (ORBs), officer separations and discharges, officer promotions, officer compassionate reassignment applications, the USA MEDDAC Off-Duty Employment (ODE) program, and the USA MEDDAC Professional Filler System (PROFIS).
- Assist Commanders, Deputy Commanders for Clinical Services, Administration and Nursing, Human Resource staffs, operations staffs, and Soldiers assigned as PROFIS in understanding the key terms, players, timeline, resources, and actions necessary to support the Army's war fighting mission by manning the tactical units and supporting contingency operations with the Professional Filler System.
- Planning and executing PROFIS as a joint effort between the US Army Medical Command (MEDCOM) and tactical units.
- Completing quarterly Officer Rating Schemes, reports to Higher and Special Pay for Doctors in a timely manner for proper processing of MEDCOM and NARMC.
- Manages non-available personnel file for PROFIS utilizing Military Occupation Database (MODS) and properly tracks PROFIS personnel from Kenner allocated to Northern Atlantic Regional Medical Command (NARMC).
- Provide assistance in research, processing and coordination of Officer and Enlisted retirements with Retirement Services and creates and maintain Installation Alliances.
- Fluent in the use of the Defense Medical Human Resources System Internet (DMHRSi) program as a 'Super User'/HR Manager.
- Assures that Military information is updated consistently in the DMHRSi system and the HR module is currently defined by accurate capturing of demographics and assignment information for all employees so other modules can be utilized properly.
- Responsible for Officer Evaluation Reports (OERs) that requires reference to regulations, related correspondence, precedents, and policy pertinent to officer personnel.
- Receives notification from DA regarding a wide variety of officer personnel actions; officer non-selection for promotion, selective continuation and regular army integration.
- Prepares and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, reports, and other administrative documents.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED), 2007-2008 Edge Research and Development Team, Fort Lee, VA
Human Resources Assistant II
- Maintain and file Orders and Permanent Party Officer Records. In/Out Process Permanent Party Officer personnel assigned to Fort Lee, VA through
EMILPO under the AHRS Web Portal.
- Audits and analyzes a variety of personnel records and documents to include the MPF and military pay records using a comprehensive knowledge of numerous personnel and finance regulations.
- Counsel and prepare Permanent Party Officers for separations, retirements, and PCS moves. Coordinates with units and perform accountability updates of Officer's on the installation.
- Manage Permanent Party Officer Awards and Promotions. Manage and Update Fort Lee's Generals/ Colonels Roster.
- Process and manage personnel actions and accountability for Permanent Party Officer
and Officers enrolled in Aerial Delivery Officer's Course, Mortuary Affairs, Standard Army Maintenance Systems Course, Supply Management Officer's Course, Standard Property Book Management Course, and Food Service Management Courses.
- Prepare Army DA Forms 4187, Personnel Action for Officer Personnel when applicable. Initialize and Generate Installation Clearing documents for Officer Personnel in the Installation Support Modules (ISM).
- Conduct annual audits of the Officer Records Brief (ORB). Update and maintain Officer Records Briefs through the Total Officer Personnel
Management Information System (TOPMIS).
- Conduct Married Army Couples Program (MACP) transactions through EMILPO and TOPMIS. In/Out Process Permanent Party Officer Military Schools conducted on Fort Lee, VA.
1999-2006, United States Army, Fort Bragg, NC,
Human Resources Specialist
- Performed personnel and administrative functions in support of the US Army's 82nd Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg's 18th Airborne Corps.
- Evaluated personnel qualifications for special assignments. Prepared and processed request for transfers or reassignments. Prepared and processed recommendations for awards and decorations and arranged award ceremonies.
- Prepared personnel accountability and strength management. Prepared Service Member Group Life Insurance policies and Emergency Notification Data. Prepared, maintained, and modified service member's Enlisted Records Briefs.
- Reviewed outgoing correspondence for grammatical accuracy and prepared general policy reports.
- Provided necessary direction, instruction, and guidance to soldiers that ensured successful administrative support for 18th Airborne Corps and the United States Army.
(Candidate) Associate of Science, Business Administration, Central Texas College @Fort Lee, VA, Projected Graduation 2012.
US Army Basic Combat training, Human Resource advanced individual training, and the Army Equal Employment Opportunity Certification training.
Unauthorized copying without the expressed permission of the site owner is prohibited.