Ex-Military Information Technology Resume
by Glenn Johnston, US Army Retired
(New Jersey, USA)
Ex-Military Information Technology Resume
SUMMARY: Experienced and knowledgeable Information Technology Professional seeking to contribute my training and acquired skills. Works well independently, or in a group setting, providing all facets of computer support such as PC hardware installation and troubleshooting of major workstation and operating systems (DOS, Windows, NT, Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7).
Proficient with Ghost programs, Internet Explorer, Outlook Exchange Server, Lotus Notes and SMS packages.
Skilled in providing customers and end-users with quality desk side support. Easily identifies and resolve technical issues and concerns. Excellent communication and presentation capabilities.
Experienced with a high level of technical proficiency in microcomputers and LAN and WAN protocols; (IPX, TCP/IP, SNA, DECNET), Remedy, Go to assist, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office Suite, technical proficiency with major vendor architectures (IBM, Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, HP), knowledgeable of Spyware/Malware /Adware/Virus Removal and Detection.
Superior project management skills with a solid understanding of business processes and organizational awareness.
IBM (JOHNSON & JOHNSON) 2011-Present
Second Level Desk Side Support
- Responsible for end-user support for over 1000 clients on site.
- Provide excellent customer service to remote clients, using Go To Assist.
- Established highly valued customer relationships resulting in achievement of customer. satisfaction targets in surveys and other communications.
- Exceeded or met contract service-level agreements and service-level objectives that I support, as well as competency and financial targets.
- Perform diagnostic and troubleshooting of system issues.
- Document help desk tickets/resolutions and maintain equipment inventory.
UNITED STATES ARMY (DIRECTORATE OF LOGISTICS) 2003-2011(retired)
Logistical Operations Manager
- Logistical support specialist to the Logistical Operations Center during war.
- Responsible for monthly government acquisitions of troops deploying to and returning from combat theaters.
- Supervisor of the Arrival, Departure Airfield Control Group at McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey.
- Completed 430 missions, coordinated movement of excess of 100,000 personnel and 150, 000 tons of equipment without incident.
- Received over 50 recognition coins for excellence and outstanding performance in the workplace supporting deploying and returning troops.
IBM (JOHNSON & JOHNSON) 2001-2003
Project Team Lead
- Responsible for the rollout of Windows 2000 to over 10,000 clients in the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Puerto Rico.
- Contributed to high team morale by maintaining a positive attitude, acknowledging extra efforts, participating openly and constructively, and maintaining personal integrity.
- Investigated technical and users issues, developed effective solutions or forwarded to contracted support service.
PRINCETON INFORMATION (JOHNSON & JOHNSON) 2000-2001
- Assembled, imaged, configured, installed and connected new PCs and laptops to Windows NT Domains on the OMP WAN.
- Conduct client satisfaction/quality assurance verification of new hardware/software installations.
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative, keeping projects on schedule with no negative results.
Factory/Field Service Technician
- Focused on the highest level of client satisfaction through billable client servicing of hardware warranty and maintenance issues and the timely delivery and installation of new products.
- Vendor certifications in strategic product groups.
- Completed a 5 month long system rollout for a Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical company successfully.
ONSLOW COUNTY NC EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES 1996-1998
Emergency Medical Technician
- Provided all aspects of care to the sick and injured in a pre-hospital setting.
- Completed extensive written documentation on patient condition and treatment provided.
- Highly trained in advance cardiac and pediatric lifesaving support.
- Member of the County Special Incident Reaction Team, specializing in high angle, cave in, water rescue, and vehicle extraction.
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS, 1984-1996
Supervisor – Motor Transport Department (1995-1996)
- Oversaw Motor Transport operations on a day to day basis.
- Motivated personnel to maximize work productivity and quality.
- Solved complaints; took action.
Occupational Safety Coordinator for Unit (1992-1995)
- Developed and implemented procedures manual to ensure safety standards in compliance with EPA, OSHA and Marines Corp policies.
- Established Waste Minimization Program.
- Trained on Environmental Management.
Motor Vehicle Operator (1984-1992)
- Performed crew/operator level maintenance and maintain all associated tools and equipment for assigned vehicles and equipment, to rated capacity of which vehicles I was licensed to operate.
- Transported passengers and cargo in support of combats and garrison operations.
- Motor vehicle operator of motor transport tactical wheeled vehicles and equipment.
- Point of Sale Equipment
- Microsoft NT WORKSTATION 4.0 NT SEVER 4.0 classes
- Achieved A+ certification
- Associated Degree in Emergency Medicine,1997 to 1998, Coastal Carolina Community College, Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Occupational Safety, Naval Safety School, Univ. Of Indiana, 1993
- Marine Corps Professional Schools, Marine Corps Leadership, 1984; extensive management/supervisor training and leadership workshops
- Army Senior leadership School, Basic and Advanced Courses
- Received many awards and medals for achievement while serving in the Armed Forces.