Florida Naval Aviation Six Sigma Military Veteran Resume
by Michael DeKanter, USN (Ret) Lean Six Sigma, Black Belt
(Fleming Island, FL, USA)
Broadly skilled Maritime Patrol and Intelligence Analyst with proven expertise in operational and tactical intelligence collection and analysis utilizing multiple aviation warfare systems.
Through contributing towards pro-active strategies, earned a reputation as an Operator who is able to think clearly during times of complex operational activity, able to work in a team or autonomously, and is renowned for achieving excellence in results.
Honorably retired Military Veteran with 20+ years’ experience with 3,000 flight hours and 7 world-wide deployments while serving with the United States Navy, working in both a training and operational capacity for Reconnaissance, Collections, Counter Drug Operations, and Intelligence deployments that have included assignments across Asia, South America, Europe and Australia.
• Skilled in utilizing specialized aviation warfare reconnaissance and collection systems, tactical knowledge and advanced analytical strategies to understand, exploit and access threats from a diverse range of reconnaissance and intelligence activity.
• Confident communicator who is able to work with law enforcement and intelligence agencies worldwide.
• Recognized as an outstanding mentor who enjoys supporting others, demonstrating a lead-by-example approach while working as a team to ensure a unified approach.
• Experienced Aviation Warfare Systems Operator (Manned and Unmanned)
• Reconnaissance and Intelligence support in an operational combat field
• Maritime Patrol Tactical and Operational expert
• Counter Drug tactical strategies
• Full Motion Video Analysis
• Certified Master Training Specialist
• 10,000 plus hours of Multi-disciplinart facilitation experience
• Multi-Source Intelligence Data Analysis
• Presenting intelligence reports
• Staff leadership and development
• Active DOD Top Secret security clearance
United States Navy (Multiple Operational and Training Commands), 1994 to Present.
MQ-4C Triton Unmanned Aerial System Mission Payload Operator Subject Matter Expert
Acquisition and Development team for the Fleet Introduction of the Navy’s $1.1 Billion Triton UAS program.
• Primary Mission Payload Operator subject matter expert, identifying testing, operational, tactical and training life-cycle requirements.
• Development of all aspects of the MQ-4C MPO curriculum and training program for the Pre Establishment Unit (PEU) and VP-30 Fleet Replacement School (FRS) steady-state training. Contributed to the Testing, Development, and Evaluation (TD&E) of the MQ-4C Triton during Operational Assessment (OA) as Trusted Agent for VX-1/VX-20’s Integrated Test Team (ITT).
• Integral part of the development of War fighting CONOPS and Standardization of procedures for Mission Payload Operators
Aviation Warfare Systems Operator/Instructor
P-3C “Orion” Maritime Patrol Aircraft Aviation Warfare Operator and Mission Payload Operator for MQ-4C “Triton” Unmanned Aerial System (UAS).
Performed numerous tactical operation missions to include: Combat Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (CISR), Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), Counter Drug Interdiction, and Homeland Security. Performed sensor Pre-flight, in-flight operational checks and operated complex airborne detection and tracking systems fused into tactical mission software.
Analyzed and classified targets of interest utilizing airborne sensors. Exploited and analyzed multi-sensor data in conjunction with multi-source intelligence data.
Analyzed and interpreted order of battle and battle damage assessment activity. Held managerial positions during multiple operational Squadron tours.
Maintained the highest levels of training and qualification readiness of all responsible staff.
* Led personnel in daily training, positional qualifications, and ensured the Division met all squadron training goals and requirements. Mentored the career development of personnel to ensure squadron retention and career progression.
* Designated as a Wing Qualified Instructor (WQI) for Advanced Readiness Program (ARP) instruction and evaluation of aircrews during ARP Instructor-led Evaluations (ILE) and WST evolutions.
* APG-66 Air-to-Air RADAR qualified instructor, trained all crews for Counter Drug operations. Trained sensor operators and flight crews on tactics, techniques, and procedures.
* Coordinated flight schedules in 12 countries on 3 continents on a daily basis.
* Successfully developed and implemented curriculum to train Federal Bureau of Investigations flight crews in the tactical operation of their newly acquired MX-20 Electro-optical surveillance system.
* Developed ICW and 400 questions testing database for implementation of basic Electronic Warfare curriculum in the AWO “A” school training course.
Participated in a number of specialist assignments including:
* Counter Drug operations within JIATF South Command
* Anti-Piracy operations in support of Operation Odyssey Dawn within AFRICOM command;
* Anti-terrorism operations in support of Special Operations Command in IRAQ and Afghanistan
* Participated in multiple Joint Operations and Exercises worldwide.
Education and Certifications:
B.S. Liberal Arts/Administrative and Business Management (Excelsior College, 2013).
Master Training Specialist (Department of Navy- 2002)
*Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Department of Defense- 2013)
* MQ-4C Triton Unmanned Aerial System Mission Payload Operator (Department of Navy- 2013)
* Basic Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator Level I/II (Special Operations Command- 2013)
* Multi-Tactical Data Link Advanced Joint Inter-operability Course (Department of Navy- 2013)
* Global Command and Control System-Joint/GCCS-J (Department of Navy- 2012)
* Fundamentals of Systems Acquisitions Management 101 Course (Defense Acquisitions University- 2012)
* Intermediate System Acquisition 201A (Defense Acquisitions University-2013)
* Analyst Support Architecture Course (Northrop Grumman- 2012)